Thursday, February 7, 2013

CHD Awareness Day 1: 1 in 100

CHD Awareness Week is finally here and I think it is a great time to share the facts that I have discovered about heart defects and help raise awareness of something that has had a huge impact in my life. 
Each day this week up until Valentine's Day I will be writing a blog post with a new fact about CHD and I will be sharing my thoughts on what I hate about CHD, what I love about CHD, the cost of CHD, what it is like to be a heart mom, Stella's broken heart, and finally what YOU can do to help spread awareness and raise support. 

I would like to invite you to go on this journey with me and to share this page with others.
Today's CHD facts are that 1 in 100 babies are born with a heart defect. Congenital heart defects are the #1 birth defect and are also the  #1 cause of birth defect related deaths.

Stella is my 1 in 100

 and this is what CHD looks like to me

Thank you for taking the time to learn about something that is very important to Stella and for letting my precious girl have a place in your heart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment